Once the shelter is finished, we will have more opportunities to volunteer at the shelter directly. Until then, consider volunteering in a different capacity to help the numerous dogs and puppies currently in our care.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
* Helping to clean up dog/puppy areas (picking up poop, refilling waters, etc.)
* Bathing dogs before they head to PetSmart for adoption days
* Picking up donated items and delivering them to the appropriate location
* Holding fundraisers in your area to support the humane society (think bake sale, yard sale, lemonade stand, etc.)
* Help at PetSmart (see the PetSmart page under ‘How You Can Help’)
* Exercise high energy dogs/puppies
* Socialize with nervous/shy dogs/puppies
* Transport dogs to and from adoption events
* Foster! (See the fostering page under ‘How You Can Help’)
If you have any special talents that you feel could benefit the Humane Society (say…taking professional photos of our senior/special needs dogs, dog training, etc.) contact us to discuss volunteer opportunities!